Stellenbosch, Western CapeInternship
Applications are invited for the above mentioned positions in the Southern Africa Logistics department , based at Techno Park in Stellenbosch . The successful incumbent will report to the relevant Logistics Manager .
Purpose of the Position
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are in their last year of study and/or those recently graduated but unemployed and require exposure in a work environment. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 1 February 2020 and terminating 31 January 2021.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Activities linked to Warehouse and Distribution optimization; continuous improvement and Planning (Transport Planning and secondary deployment)
- Identify, investigate, validate & implement new process / financial efficiency.
- Administration of SAP: Master data of fleet and customer (Data mining).
- Improve and optimize internal business processes.
- Collate all internal information operational performance with Warehouse and Distribution.
- Design reports.
- Work on customer service programmes – create informed customer experience insights and interpretation.
- Evaluate customer service and communicate results back to the business.
The successful candidate must have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Good academic record and at least in final year or obtaining tertiary qualification – degree: Degree in BSc Bus Sci, BSc Comp Sci, Bsc Eng, BSc Stats, BCom Logistics, BCom Info Sys, BSc / BCom Project Management, BSc / BCom Transport / Economics
- Decision making and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
- Analyse and generate meaningful insights from numbers & data as well as market/qualitative info.
- Ability to work in cross functional groups within the business unit.
- Results and goal orientated, always able to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and make a difference.
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Driver’s License and own transport is essential.
- South African citizen.
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Letter of motivation.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified academic record.
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate.
- A letter from the tertiary institution.
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution.
- Certified copy of identity document.
How to Apply
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 16165 Closing Date: 04 October 2019
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Project Manager, Data Mining, Technology•